The Northern Land Council (NLC) is an independent statutory authority of the Commonwealth and is responsible for assisting Aboriginal peoples in the Top End of the Northern Territory to acquire and manage their traditional lands and seas. Key constituents of the NLC are traditional owners and the 30,000 residents on Aboriginal lands. While many live in major towns there are almost 200 communities ranging in size from small family outstations to settlements of up to 3,000 people.
After a number of attempts to automate the process of permit applications, SRA and NLC, working together developed the requirements and strategies for implementing a Permit Application System.
- Applying for at least 5 different types of permits online
- Each location and type of permit can carry its own unique rules
- Approvals that include traditional owners
- Processing payments
- Distributing proof of permit and clear rules to travellers
A digital transformation that protects Aboriginal culture
The NLC is responsible for administering the permit system for traditional owners in the Top End. The NLC permit system is designed to help protect the privacy of Aboriginal communities, preserve Aboriginal culture, safeguard the natural environment and promote visitor safety. NLC not only manage the permit process, they are also involved in the compliance process through the Land Management Rangers.
- 17 million days of legally compliant visitors to remote locations
- 35,000+ permits issued by traditional owners since go-live
- 26,000+ work permits issued
- 16,400+ individual applications approved in the last 12 months
- 14,000+ active users from Australia and overseas
- 4000+ preventative rejections for permits
- 600+ locations individually represented
- Streamlined work permits for large groups
- Online traceable permits for visitors
We required a solution that was modern, intuitive, streamlined, informative, adaptable and reliable to meet the needs of all stakeholders, including e-Commerce. SRA has delivered on this by understanding the business and cultural needs of our users.
Northern Land Council
Client project outcomes
SRA was engaged to design and develop the application for NLC, whereby we used our own refined and proven methodology. SRA worked closely with NLC to develop the application in an agile, iterative approach to ensure the expected outcome was realised and the tight deadlines were met.
- Streamlined online permits to replace paper records
- Centralised source of truth for permit records
- Banned user database
- Pre-approved user database
- Residential, recreational and work permit types
- Easily modified for new permit types (Blue Mud Bay)
- Online payment processing
- .NET MVC
- SQL server database
- FatZebra payment gateway
- ESRI GIS integration
SRA provided the following capabilities:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis and System Design
- Technical Development
- Ongoing Support